Last night the football card hobby was given a sneak peek of what Panini has in store for us this fall. Panini announced that September 11th, 2020 they will release the first ever Panini Mosaic Football set. While the pricing was not announced, the box composition was. Each hobby box should feature on average two autographs, five Silver parallels, 15 Mosaic parallels and 20 inserts! Each case will have 10 boxes, each box will have 10 packs and there will be 15 cards per pack.
Here’s an excerpt of the highlights via Panini’s Blog, The Knight’s Lance:
- Mosaic Football makes its debut in 2020 and is loaded with parallels, inserts and autographs of all the best rookies, current stars and retired legends the NFL has to offer.
- Chase the following hobby-exclusive inserts: In it to Win it, Center Stage, Swagger, Stained Glass and Overdrive.
- Also exclusive to hobby boxes are the Autographs Mosaic and Rookie Autographs Mosaicinserts featuring SSP Gold and Black parallels.
- Hunt for the hobby-only Base and Rookie parallels Red, Blue (numbered to 99), Purple(numbered to 49), White (numbered to 25), Gold (numbered to 10) and Black 1/1s.
- Chase all the hottest new rookies including Joe Burrow, Chase Young, Tua Tagovailoa, D’Andre Swift and many more.
- Chase an array of colors with loads of different parallels all printed using beautiful Optichrome Prizm technology.
Coming off the huge success of the NBA’s version of Mosaic, demand will be sky high for this product. With Joe Burrow, Tua Tagovailoa and fellow Top 10 Pick QB Justin Herbert this year’s rookie class should he able to carry this product much like Zion Williamson and Ja Morant carried all NBA products this year.
Much like it’s NBA counterpart, these boxes are probably going to be nearly impossible to find at Retail. They will feature many of the same style retail exclusive inserts that basketball featured. Be on the lookout for retail hanger exclusive Rookie Photo variations in addition to the popular Will to Win, Flea Flicker, Touchdown Masters, Got Game?, and Old School inserts! On top of that there will also be retail exclusive Rookie Scripts and Scripts autographed cards to find.
This product looks like an absolute touchdown for football fans. With or without actual football on the field, this should be one of the hottest products of the fall.